Have a Tooth Pulled in Upper Arlington
A tooth extraction is a tooth removal orchestrated to protect the rest of your smile. For example, if a tooth has been damaged by decay or trauma, and it cannot be saved with restorative treatments, it may need to be extracted. Tooth removal is also necessary for situations like:
- Impacted wisdom teeth
- Risk of infection
- Baby teeth that have not fallen out
With tooth extraction, we can potentially prevent:
- Shifting teeth and crooked smile
- Spreading infection
- Tooth pain and sensitivity
- Aesthetically displeasing smile
Preparing for Your Tooth Extraction
If you are preparing for a tooth removal with Dr. Miely, there is no need to worry. Patient comfort is a top priority at our dentist office in Upper Arlington. We use local anesthesia and may offer sedation dentistry to ensure a painless process.
Here is what you can expect if you need a tooth pulled:
- Dr. Miely conducts a thorough assessment of the tooth.
- Your caring dentist will take x-rays and gather the information we may need to extract the tooth properly.
- We will ensure you are relaxed with numbing medicine and sedation if necessary.
- In a simple extraction, Dr. Miely will loosen the tooth with a special tool and then gently pull it out. In a surgical extraction, the gum is trimmed away and the tooth is removed with forceps.
- We can even perform tooth extractions combined with bone grafting if necessary so you can have all of your needs met in one place.
Does Your Smile Need Attention?
Don’t put off needed dental care! Dr. Miely always recommends the most conservative procedures possible. We strive to preserve your natural smile before suggesting you have your tooth pulled. No matter how much damage your oral health has suffered, we will find a solution to restore your attractive and healthy smile!
If you need dental care, or suspect you need a tooth pulled, and are in the Upper Arlington – Hilliard area, you are in the best hands. Your comfort and overall experience matter to us greatly. To schedule an exam or treatment, contact our office today.