When most people hear the term “dental appliance”, they might think of braces or even dentures. But did you know there are other, innovative dental appliances available? Amazing devices designed by the leading minds in dental technology are available to help you and your loved ones meet your oral health goals and achieve the smiles you’ve always wanted!
These high-end examples of dental technology are available to residents of Columbus, OH, and the surrounding communities thanks to your favorite dental professionals over at the practice of Dr. Mark A. Miely, DDS! Contact us today and discover what the latest in dental appliance technology can do for you.
What Dental Appliances Are Available in Upper Arlington?
The experts with Mark A. Miely, DDS, in Upper Arlington can fit you with custom-made dental appliances. We provide both deprogrammers and night guards to help improve your health. Below is a brief overview of each problem these appliances can help resolve.
Naturally, if you have any further questions about our dental appliances or any of the wonderful services we provide, feel encouraged to contact our office!
A deprogrammer is a plastic appliance that will help Dr. Miely learn more about your current bite, and determine what your ideal bite would look like. This diagnostic tool locates a bite that works best for your muscles, jaw, and teeth so that they can function in perfect harmony.
Could I Benefit From a Deprogrammer?
Our mouths need to collaborate—teeth, tongue, and jaw all have to work together to reduce tension and stress. If they don’t, it can negatively affect not just our oral health but our overall well-being too. If you are suffering from any of the following symptomatic problems, you can benefit from the bite analysis that a deprogrammer provides.
- Avoiding Certain Foods: An inability to chew some foods comfortably.
- Misaligned Bite: Confusion about how your teeth should fit together.
- Enamel Erosion: Worn down front teeth can be a sign that you are favoring certain teeth due to a weakening bite.
- Noticeable Tooth Damage: Chipped or cracked teeth can be the result of trying to overcompensate for a change in bite strength.
- Loose teeth: If you feel that your teeth are loose or wiggle when brushing or eating, you may be experiencing dental shifting due to bite issues.
- Tender or Soreness in the Jaw: If there is a shift in our bite, our jaw tends to pick up the slack but this puts immense tension on our muscles. This can result in a very sore, tender, or even painful sensation in our jaw.
Once you wear your deprogrammer, we can help you achieve a bite that won’t wear down your teeth and dental work. You will have fewer worn-out crowns and fillings, and a more relaxed and comfortable jaw.
The night guard is a simple oral appliance that will help reduce teeth clenching and grinding habits. Over time, these habits lead to severe tooth wear and fractures, tooth sensitivity, aching joints, and headaches. You can correct these habits with an easy-to-wear night guard.
Dr. Miely will design a protective night guard just for you. Your night guard will protect the teeth, joints, and muscles while reducing soreness and tooth damage. Your mouthguard will fit over your upper and lower teeth. We also make our mouth guards easy to transport and clean.
Consider getting a nightguard if any of the following apply to you:
- You grind your teeth at night.
- You wake up with a sore jaw.
- You wake up with frequent headaches.
- You have been warned about enamel erosion.
- You have had a history of chipped, cracked, or broken teeth.
Learn More About Our Dental Appliances by Calling Today!
We are happy to provide our patients with the attention they deserve. We never double-book, so we can have a rewarding conversation about your smile needs, and about whether an oral appliance would be right for you. To find out more, give our office a call today if you are in the Upper Arlington area, including Hilliard and Grandview Heights.