Teeth Implant Dentistry for Upper Arlington
Dental Implants Near Columbus & Grandview Heights
Dental implants are becoming more popular than ever in the world of tooth replacement! Why? This advanced technology is truly the next best thing to natural teeth.
Mark Miely, DDS, loves providing his patients with beautiful dental implants so that they can feel confident again. Patients who have suffered tooth loss often experience problems with chewing, speaking, and smiling. They can regain an easier life with dental implants!
Benefits of Dental Implants in Columbus, OH
Our patients are pleasantly surprised by the look and feel of their dental implants. Dental implants are:
- Incredibly Comfortable: Without the need for sticky adhesives like traditional dentures or false teeth, dental implants owe a lot of their popularity to how comfortable they are.
- A Natural-Looking Fit: The pontic (tooth-section) of each implant is carefully crafted to look and fit in with your smile, creating a natural look.
- Virtually Undetectable: While providing all the benefits of a natural tooth, dental implants blend in seamlessly with your smile, becoming virtually undetectable.
- A Durable Replacement: Our dental implants are made from only the strongest and most durable materials from medical grade porcelain to titanium that is resistant to staining.
- A Lifetime Solution: The quality of our dental implants can be seen in their longevity, each able to last a lifetime as long as it is properly cared for.
- The Stable Choice: The greatest complaint with traditional dentures was how often they slipped, creating an embarrassing or painful moment. With dental implants that are securely attached to your jaw, that isn’t a problem anymore!
State-of-the-art tooth replacement solutions are available in Columbus, OH! Dental implants eliminate the need for awkward removable dentures. They will never shift or slide out of place, so you can chew and speak without a second thought. Forget denture adhesive and denture replacement—get a lifetime solution with dental implants.
Who Are Good Candidates for Dental Implants?
If you are missing one or more adult teeth, then good news! You may already be a great candidate for dental implants. You or a loved one may want to consider dental implants with Dr. Miely if:
- You have lost one, two, or even a full arch of teeth. Dental implants can replace any number of missing teeth!
- You want to improve your aesthetic appearance with a beautiful and full smile.
- You need to improve your overall oral health and protect yourself against further tooth and bone loss.
- You are tired of the hassles that come with traditional dentures or false teeth.
- You want a long-term investment, a tooth replacement treatment that will last a lifetime.
If you answered yes to any of the above, then dental implants are certainly a great option. The real question is what kind of dental implant would complete your smile and allow your oral health to benefit fully?
The Different Dental Implant Restorations
Now, if we were looking at things from only the technical point of view, a dental “implant” would only refer to a specific piece of what will be replacing your tooth—namely, the small rod that replaces the tooth root. What replaces your whole tooth (or teeth) comes in three sections: the implant/post, the abutment, and the pontic/crown.
However, even when complete, dental implants can come in several different types to best suit your specific oral needs. Each of these will be discussed during your consultation, but to help give context, let’s list a few of the most common restorations that top dental implants:
- Crown: Sometimes called a single-tooth implant, dental crowns are used to finish a singular implant to replace a lone tooth.
- Bridge: An implant-supported bridge is great for replacing multiple teeth, literally “bridging” a gap in an arch of teeth.
- Dentures: Implant-supported dentures can replace every tooth along an arch or every single tooth, depending on the severity of the patient’s oral health.
Placing and Restoring Dental Implants In One Place
Great news: We can place and restore your dental implants right here in one place at our Upper Arlington office. If you visit Dr. Miely, you won’t need to go to a dental implant specialist miles away. He gets to know you and your needs, then offers you a seamless dental implant experience with the latest technology and techniques. At our practice, we use a 3D scanner to plan for your placement process. Our 3D scanner helps Dr. Miely perform highly precise and accurate procedures.
- Dr. Miely will perform an exam to determine if you are a candidate for dental implants. Often all you need is to have enough strong bone structure remaining in the jaw to support a dental implant.
- If you are a good candidate, you will come into our office for the surgery. Dr. Miely will insert the titanium implant or implants below the gum line. We provide patient amenities and dental sedation to maximize your comfort during this time.
- The titanium implant fuses with the jawbone as your bone heals, replacing the natural tooth root. Dr. Miely can provide a temporary dental restoration so you won’t have to go without teeth during the healing process.
- When the healing process is complete, Dr. Miely will attach your final restorations to your dental implants. Your crowns, bridges, or dentures are custom-made to match your smile, and we are confident they will exceed your expectations!
Schedule a Tooth Implant Consultation in Upper Arlington
Interested in learning more about dental implants or looking to explore your tooth replacement options? To schedule a consultation, please call, text, or email our office today. We serve patients from throughout the Upper Arlington area, including Columbus, Grandview Heights, and Hilliard!