It’s easy to find a dentist. A quick Google search, a Yelp review or two, and you’ll have a short list of possibilities. At Mark A. Miely DDS in Upper Arlington, we’re proud of our positive online reviews.
Even so, knowing whether a dentist is right for you can be a little tricky. What traits should you look for?
There are a lot of factors that come into play. Do you choose the dentist near your home? By experience and education? Or maybe because a friend said the people at the practice are nice?
Here are some of the things we think you should look for when trying to find a dentist:
- A Good Listener. Whether it’s a general dentist, a pediatric dentist, or some other specialty, a good dentist will listen to your concerns and address any issues you might raise.
- Good Manual Dexterity. Your mouth is a sensitive place. It’s also small, compared to the rest of your body. Certain dental procedures can be time-consuming and require a steady hand.
- Continuing Education. Dentistry is complex, and always changing. A good dentist is committed to staying on top of innovations and developments. A desire and willingness to improve is a trait to look for.
- Sharing Information. A good dentist is always ready to explain what’s going on with your dental health. Any issues you might have should be explained in plain English.
- Conservative. Not every smile needs to be corrected to meet an ideal; not every cavity needs to be filled right away. A good dentist will take a conservative approach to treatment, and always do what is best for you.
“Perfect” is a tall order. But at Mark A. Miely DDS in Upper Arlington, we strive for excellence in dentistry every single day. Our services include general and cosmetic dentistry. We would love to see you in our office for a cleaning and checkup soon!
Contact Mark A. Miely DDS:
Location (Tap to open in Google Maps):