The desire to prohibit tooth decay is one of the main reasons people visit their dentists
Today we are going to describe 5 things you need to know about cavities.
1. Cavities are also called caries or tooth decay. When a tooth is permanently damaged in the hard surface, tiny openings arise. These little holes are cavities.
2. Factors that contribute to tooth decay are:
Consuming sugary beverages
Poor dental hygiene
3. Cavities may get so bad that you will see pits or holes in your teeth, but symptoms may be more subtle, such as sensitivity, pain when biting, or a toothache. If you notice any of these symptoms, you should call your dentist today to book an appointment.
4. Cavities are more common among young children, but that doesn’t mean adults don’t have to take precautions.
5. Avoiding cavities is straightforward. Be sure to brush twice a day with fluoride toothpaste, floss daily, eat right, forego frequent snacking, and have regular visits with your dentist.
If you are in the market for quality dental care in the Upper Arlington area, give Mark A. Miely DDS a call. We have been treating dental patients in and around Columbus since 1983.
Contact Mark A. Miely DDS:
Location (Tap to open in Google Maps):