At Mark A. Miely DDS in Upper Arlington Ohio, we always remind our patients to floss at least once a day. Right before bed is the best time, but if you are too tired, we want to give you a few ideas for other times. The most important thing is that you floss regularly.
- If you’re an early riser, try flossing in the morning right after you brush.
- Try just after lunch, but before you go back to work.
- Before or after you exercise. Your dental health is just as important. Keep some floss in your gym bag and give your teeth and gums some attention along with the rest of your body.
- While watching your favorite TV show.
- While taking a bath. Any task is more enjoyable if it can be done while relaxing in a warm tub. Light some candles and play your favorite tunes for an at-home spa experience.
Flossing is important for anyone who wants to have a healthy smile, and we hope this gives you some ideas to help you make flossing part of your daily routine.
Just before bedtime, however, remains the best time. Food particles left on teeth can turn into plaque while you sleep. The bacteria in plaque erodes enamel, creates cavities, and adversely affects gum tissue.
At Mark A. Miely DDS in Upper Arlington Ohio, we have a lot of great ideas for dental health. Our services include general and cosmetic dentistry. Schedule your next cleaning and checkup with us today.
Contact Mark A. Miely DDS:
Location (Tap to open in Google Maps):